Monday, December 31, 2007
Happy New Years!! We spent the start of this year at mom and dad's home this year. We had Mom, Dad, Joe, Jenn, Brooklyn, Braxton, Jessica, Tyler, Hunter, Ben, Carrie and Cody Crosland and us :) It was a house full! We played games and ate lots of treats! Tone didn't quite make it to midnight but he tried hard! I can't believe another year has come and gone!
Posted by Jennie at 11:58 PM
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Boston was able to meet his sweet Great Grandma Norma this Christmas. He loved her immediately and smiled and cooed at her for quite a while! She sang him 'Bicycle Built for Two' and this was the clip :)
Posted by Jennie at 4:59 PM
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Posted by Jennie at 1:50 AM
Saturday, December 15, 2007
This was such a fun Christmas Party! Baylee has been talking about coming to meet the Grinch now for 2 days so it was fun to finally get to come! Bay watches the Grinch at least 2 times a day right now and always tells me how the Grinch is good ... in the end at least :) She was so hilarious to watch! She was definately his biggest fan! Most every kid went straight to Santa's line but not Baylee ... she went straight to the Grinch and told him she wanted him to bring a pink vaccuum for Christmas! She then repeatedly went back to see him and wanted very little to do with Santa other than the fact that he had candy canes! The candy cane and with papa's help, Baylee was persuaded to see Santa for a minute ... she first threw a bit of a tantrum and calmed down after the second candy cane came! It was so fun to be with cousins and family and Baylee now has been anxiously waiting the coming of the Grinch and Santa Claus on Christmas Eve Night!
Posted by Jennie at 11:54 AM
Friday, December 14, 2007
Posted by Jennie at 11:25 PM
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Baylee got to go on her first train ride and it was on the Polar Express! Nana and Papa are making a new tradition by taking the grandkids every year and since the boys are to little this year, it was just a trip with Baylee! She loved every minute of it! They had the kids wear their jammies and robes, which was exciting enough :), then they had elves serving hot chocolate, all read the Polar Express together, and they each got a bell. Baylee hasn't put her bell or ticket for that matter, down for even a minute! She was so excited she got to tell Santa that she wanted a vaccuum so he knew for sure! Thanks Nana and Papa for helping create magic!
Posted by Jennie at 10:00 AM
Baylee was at Nana's the other night and found her dancing Santa's ... she lauged, sang and danced with them for quite a while :) It was very entertaining to see! She's getting so excited for Santa to visit her!
Posted by Jennie at 9:50 AM
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Leave it to Tone for the "go big or go home" style snowman! Baylee wanted to build a snowman so bad and this is what was created :) It was made with buckets and shovels and will be standing for a long time as long as it stays cold! Baylee was thrilled with what daddy did!
Posted by Jennie at 11:55 PM
We just spent the evening with the family and got to meet our newest addition! Joe and Jenn got a new puppy tonight! They named him Harley and he's the snuggliest little guy ever! He's 6 weeks old and will grow to be a big guy! We are so excited for them! I love how he gives bear hugs! As soon as you pick him up he puts his arms around you! Too Cute!!
Posted by Jennie at 11:49 PM
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Posted by Jennie at 12:44 PM
Friday, November 30, 2007
Well here's the project as of a few days ago! We put our address block in the brick ... so it's official, eh?! We are just about ready to get the stucco up and now the brick and hardiplank is done ... as for the inside ... we're all sheetrocked! We're waiting on the gas company to hook up heat so they can mud and tape, it's getting a little cold finally and feeling a bit like December! It's fun to see our new home coming together! :) Thanks to the family who just came to visit and put countless hours over there helping out! We are so lucky to have such good friends and family support!
Posted by Jennie at 11:41 PM
Saturday, November 24, 2007
This is a fun tradition! Every year the saturday after Thanksgiving, Kaysville turns their city lights on and they have a parade with all the floats covered in lights and have Santa come ... we were lucky to have Mom and Dad B. join us this year :) Fun!
Posted by Jennie at 11:56 PM
Friday, November 23, 2007
We all went to the lighting of Temple Square! It as always, was beautiful! A little cold but nothing a few layers can't fix! We met up with Joe and Jenn and her little boy Braxton ... it was so fun to spend time with them and the family!
Posted by Jennie at 11:06 PM
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate!! Every morning now that it’s cooling off!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa definitely has some serious elf wrappers to get the job done, but we always get them wrapped!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I really like white lights on the house the best but enjoy either on the tree
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Usually above the door
5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving … this year will be minimal decorations due to the upcoming move however!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Grandma Dunford’s carrot pudding with lots of caramel sauce! I love candied yams and turkey and about anything else really!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The magic of it all! We always got a new Christmas dress too! We got to wear it to our family party to sit on Santa’s lap and that was always so exciting!
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Oh yes … always get our new jammies!
9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It kind of changes every year … I get new additions and old additions from mine and Tone’s childhood ornaments
10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's very much a love-hate relationship. I LOVE it for the holidays … it makes it so much more magical! I HATE it when you have to drive in it! I LOVE it in the mountains as long as it wants to stay there though
11. Can you ice skate? I have been my share of times but I ride the wall the whole time … I’ve had too many spills to get away from the rail!
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? I’ve been given quite a few … I remember when I was little Santa brought me, Joe and Jess these huge stuffed bears that were like lounge chairs to sit in and they were the highlight of many years! Baylee was a few days past being a Christmas gift but I couldn't have asked for anything more!
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family, both extended and our own now growing family! I love being able to teach my kids the true meaning of Christmas … this will be the second year we will have the chance to let the cousins act out the nativity and they are really understanding it!
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Again I have to go with Grandma’s carrot pudding … however I have a cheese ball that tops the list along with the family fudge recipe and fondant! We have lots of good treats!
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every year my mom and I (and whoever else will join) read the whole thing of ‘The Forgotten Carols’ and listen to the music … it reminds me so much of the purpose we celebrate this holiday! and I love spending the time with my mom!
16. What tops your tree? So far it’s been a big star … maybe it’ll become an angel if I find the right one!
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving no question! It is so fun to try to find the perfect thing for everyone! Sometimes challenging but hey I love to shop!
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love all the Christmas songs! I grew up on Beach Boys and their Christmas album is one of my most favorites! I love 'Merry Christmas Baby' and 'Little St Nick' ... It reminds me of my dad too! I also love ‘The Osmonds’ Sleigh Ride version!
19. Candy Canes? Love them! Especially with hot chocolate!
20. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Unfortunately yes … I don’t mind it too much but I wish it waited until after Thanksgiving to start!
Posted by Jennie at 11:57 PM
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
We finally got some family pictures with the newest addition :) They turned out pretty cute! I'm a little biased maybe but these are pretty cute kids! We've loved having a long fall too! These were fun to take outside and in the leaves!
Posted by Jennie at 10:53 PM
Monday, November 19, 2007
These are a few pics of Boston with his cute cousin Luke! Luke and Bos are 4 days apart and will be best little buddies! It's so fun to have them get together!
Posted by Jennie at 11:23 PM
Posted by Jennie at 11:02 PM
Sunday, November 18, 2007
We blessed Boston today at Mom and Dad's home. It was such a nice day ... in every aspect! We had a wonderful support group of family and friends, and the weather was perfect! Boston is the most special little boy and we feel so blessed to have him in our family!
Posted by Jennie at 2:05 PM
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Posted by Jennie at 12:00 AM
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Posted by Jennie at 11:56 PM