Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Time for a recap!

Well I've failed miserably lately at keeping up my blog :) Between a trip to Powder Mountain, Anthon getting his wisdom teeth out, Time out for Women (for me, mom and Jess) and having to speak in church on Sunday ... I have had a lot on my mind and haven't got to updating! So here's a recap :)

We went to our condo up at Powder Mountain and had a blast! (I didn't get very many pics though) We extreme sledded every night and had lots of visitors throughout the weekend! Jesse learned how to ski with my mom and did awesome!


We've also been very sleep deprived thanks to Boston cutting all 4 molars at the same time! Poor kid ... but as you can see with the messes he still creates :) he's a happy kid!

Anthon has had pretty bad migraines as of late and a lot of pain in his teeth so finally went to the dentist and they found his top wisdom teeth had been coming in and were putting pressure on his back molars, so they had to be removed :) He never had problems with them before the mission so they didn't make him get them out then ... weird! So Friday morning I took him in and knowing he wouldn't be feeling great, I felt really bad abandoning him for Time Out that afternoon!

He got me tickets to go for Christmas so he was persistant and Jesse said he'd help with the kids so I went! It was amazing! Absolutely worth it! If you haven't gone, you really need too! It's put on by Deseret Book and they tour all over the US and put these conferences on. (if you want to see more go here ... http://deseretbook.com/time-out)

It was more than a needed retreat and my mom got us a hotel in Ogden so we felt like we had a bit of a break and then we had more Time Out fun Saturday! We didn't get out of the meeting until 4 and I was feeling like I should get home and help take care of Tone plus I needed to finish my Sacrament talk and Mom and Dad B were coming in town from Washington that night so I had to get things back together ... then I got a text from Tone saying "kids are bathed, bos is asleep, beds made, floors and chairs washed in kitchen, tree is down, bathrooms cleaned, jesse's room is also and i'm working on fixing the towel racks and i even fixed bays hair how she wanted" That angel! I had a total break and came home to a clean house and he even put a roast, with potatoes and carrots in the oven so we had dinner when mom and dad came! I was soooo spoiled! I got through my talk Sunday and am so glad that it's over! Mom and Dad B. headed to Roosevelt right after Sacrament meeting and last night Nicole had Baby Presley Anita! She was 7lbs 8oz and is a beautiful little baby! I'm excited to have a new niece and am so happy for Sis and Bry!


So my goal now is to do better so I don't have these super long posts :) Happy day!!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, you have a really great husband! Wisdom teeth are so weird. Why do we even get them? All they do is cause problems.

My sister did time-out in Houston and I thought they didn't do them in Utah, so I'm bummed to have missed the Ogden one.

April said...

What a great husband! I knew Tone had it in him somewhere! Ha Ha J/k! Sometimes they really suprise us and can do a lot more than we think! We'll have to go along with you next time, women's conference is in 2 months if you want to go.....oh and congrats presley is darling!!

The Hatch Batch said...

Wow, Jennie, you have been a busy woman! I have to say...hats off to Anthone. I love it when the husbands pick up the slack:) My mom went to women's conference with Suz and her sister, Brenda. She said she LOVED it too! It was fun seeing you and catching up at stamp club-

~Lauren said...

Look at that..all of our hard husband training..actually DOES pay off...you've renewed the hopes of women everywhere Jennie:) Or they're are alot of husbands out there who are gonna be hearing this-> "well my friend Jennie's husband does all this stuff..why can't you" HAHA!!

Jodie said...

Poor guy! I hope he's feeling better! That was so sweet of him to let you go out after that(we know men don't handle things as well as us women :>). I am glad you gals had fun!! I love that post about Sunbeams too. Poor girl!!! Bryton had a really hard time going at first too. She'll get there!! Love ya!

Valarie said...

Hey don't feel bad, you're not the only one behind on your blogging - I just barely posted Christmas!
Seeing your mom in her snow stuff reminded me of the time she took us snowmobiling and she taught me how to "hookie-bob" for the first time! Such fun memories!

jEsSiCa said...

Good times! "Time Out" was truly wonderful! Thanks for being such a great sister! I luv ya a million swedish fish:)

Jenn said...

Wow - busy!
I didn't know that you blogged either! It's fun to see the cute pictures that you have. So fun.

You can get a facebook badge for your blog on your facebook profile page. Scroll down to the bottom of your left hand column and click on the like to 'make a profile badge' (or something like that) it walks you through the process and you copy and paste the html. It's super easy!

Jenn said...

haha... whoops.
like = link