Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hey, Where Did All the Toilet Seat Covers Go?!


So yesterday on Ellen (I just watched it today) she had on "the MacGyver of beauty treatments" Kym Douglas. She's the author of 'The Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets' and 'The Black Book of Hollywood Diet Secrets'. She was so informative and the funniest part was she was trying everything on and demonstrating how to do all of these treatments! She advised that free public toilet seat covers are the same material as expensive blotting paper. So the next time you're in a public restroom and there are no toilet seat covers, you'll know who to blame.

Here are some of Kym’s beauty tips in detail:

* Extra Virgin Olive Oil: under the eyes will reduce fine lines.

* Sliced peaches mashed up to lay on face as a way to brighten the skin with the fruit acids, eliminate wrinkles and moisturize. Only leave on face for about 15 minutes.

* Toilet Seat Cover: to absorb oil from your T Zone.

* Homemade recipe for shiny summer hair: 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsps mayonnaise, 2 tbsps olive oil, I avocado. Combine ingredients in a bowl. Apply mixture to dry hair and slip on a shower cap. After 15 mins., rinse.

* Crisco: to soften elbows, knees and feet.

10 comments:

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

I can dig it -I like ellen too, but hardley ever get a chance to watch her -seems im always working. Im definitley going to try the olive oil trick. By the way, your kids are adorable and I enjoy checking out your blog and seeing what your family is up to. Love Auntie Denise

Skeem's said...

What great tips:) I may have to try some of them, I don't think I could do the toilet seat cover thing though I'm a little psycho about public restrooms!! Love you guys.
Sis

Mindy said...

I love Ellen! She's hilarious. I'll have to try the olive oil thing. I can totally see the lines starting to come. Its sad were not 17 anymore!!!

April said...

I saw it! Gotta love Ellen huh!!!

~Lauren said...

You know as tempting as it would be..the association that it's in the shape of a toilet seat..and that it's ment to be on a grody public toilet would prevent me from trying it out! I have really strong opinions about public restrooms..and "ass gasket" sheilds as my husband refers to them..I'd rather piss my pants than use either..and that is the honest to god truth! I wanna know who is on that tight of a budget they would take those anyway?! Some things are worth the splurge people! LOL..I'm a little surprised they put so much effort into some of the tips and not others..they should have all quick fix ideas for the person on the go like..the people who want the shiny hair and less oily face rub the two together! I think I'm onto something! HAHAHA:)

Niki said...

Thanks for the tips, I can always use the help!!!

annie valentine said...

I love this. Thanks for the tips, I'm heading for the peaches.

Niederfam said...

NICE....THANKS for the tips!!! I loved watching Ellen too, I need a TIVO.....:)

The Quist Family said...

Love all the tips! There are a few I am going to try a few. I'll just keep which ones to myself :)

Niki McDowell said...

Jennie,
I've started a blog for the Voorhees family and since thats how i got to know you was through my parents I thought I would send the new site your way. Check it out at kimandlindavoorhees.blogspot.com