Monday, August 4, 2008

Reunion time!


Wow! What a fun weekend! We had our BIG family reunion up in Bloomington, ID this last Thursday, Friday and Saturday ... it is for our super extended family :) We have it every 3 years at the town hall there (for anyone who doesn't know, Bloomington is about 10 minutes from Bear Lake). My Dad has been the President of the Dunford Family Association for years now and usually gets most of the undertaking of this huge project of putting the whole thing together. We have a big potluck dinner Thursday night and then Breakfast Friday morning, we spent all day there at the hall playing volleyball, soccer, swinging making boats with the kids for the big race and trying to find a bit of shade! Alot of the women work on quilts for the auction that night too! I REALLY wanted a quilt but ended up with a Hada Hippo Zoobie for Baylee and a Kojo Croc Zoobie for Bos! They were really cute! We had a great catered dinner that night by the Copper Mill and then family puts on skits of our family history where Issac and Leah started in England and came over to America where they crossed the plains and after coming to Salt Lake were asked by Brigham Young to go back up and settle the Bloomington, Idaho area. It's always been a favorite and it was fun to have my family all there! It was funny because we used to always look forward to playing with our 2nd cousins (which we usually only saw at this reunion) and this year my Baylee, April's Charly and our cousin Brooke's Rilee were playing together and running wild! About 24 years ago, that was us 3! Saturday morning after breakfast they had the boat races in the canal by the hall and the kids did horse rides from Cousin Heber! After that our family all heads over to Bear Lake for the rest of the day. We had a great weekend and I hope my kids will love this tradition as much as I did growing up!



The kids on the beach!

A few more beach pics!

Oh ... thanks again April for all the great photos! I've been bumming pics until I can get a new camera! Soon, I promise!!

7 comments:

April said...

SO cute! I had fun with you testerday....thanks for coming over! No problem with the pics, you can have all you wnat! Luv ya!!!

Burbs said...

Wow, looks beautiful and like so much fun. That was the first reunion since Norma passed, Glad Tone was there to represent her! Love seeing those kids........ Bos is growing like crazy!!!!! We love you :)

The Webber's said...

Jen - So cute! I love your photo collages - How do you do that? I think they look so cool! Also, how did you do your header for your page? It looks so good! I have a lot to learn on blogging! I might need to have a little bow/bracelet session with you again. Rylee destroyed the little bracelet you made her with her name. I think I salvaged all the pieces, but I am not sure how to repair it!

Valarie said...

I love the collage of photos you do and the baby shower diaper cake was so cute - you are so mulit-talented!

jEsSiCa said...

I love the pictures of Bos and Bay at the lake! They are so cute! Boston is the best for pictures:) What a cutie! I need to get your pics. You guys look like you had a great 24th as well! Luvs!!

Jodie said...

How fun! Your family is sure getting bigger! Looks like the kiddos had tons of fun! They are so cute and growing up so fast! I need to see them!

Brooke said...

Jennie, it was SO great to see you at the reunion! Rylie had so much fun with Baylee. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your blog. Very cute blog by the way! I need to learn how to make my heading all cute like yours! I'm not a blogging expert yet. :) You have such a cute family. And I like your music tastes on your playlist...I have a lot of those on mine, too. I hope we can stay in touch better now that we are in the blogging world. No more of this every 3 year stuff! :) I will send you an invite to my blog ok.
love Brooke