Monday, May 18, 2009

can't I have a reset button??

I woke up this morning with a couple texts from Tone asking me to do some emails and work stuff so I got the kids involved {or so I thought} with Mickey Mouse and Special Agent OSO ... they were being so quiet and good I kept thinking how nice it was to not have them hanging on my legs crying for my attention! I kept working ... I should've taken the 'quiet' hint and checked on them but I didn't want to disrupt my good children ... after about 30 minutes Bay came in and asked for more juice and I turned around to see her covered from head to toe in baby powder! The initial panick set in because I had just bought a brand new, large baby powder because Bos had just used up the other one ... I tried to be calm and asked where the bottle was. Bay responded "well, it's all gone but don't worry mom it's not that bad!" I said "should I come look or can you clean it up before I get back to your room?" the response "don't worry mom, but just keep working" RIGHT! I took a deep breath {I needed a really big one!} I found this ...



now ... you might be thinking "it's not that bad!" but look close to Bay's mess of a table ... she has scissors which she used to open a big bottle of bubbles that hadn't been opened yet and they used to make a glue like paste with the baby powder ... they filled the wheelbarrow with that. Then they squirted Bos's baby lotion into the mix! Lots of fun! so I took a deep breath, threw my angelic kids in the tub and grabbed my camera {someday it will seem more humorous!}


how can they be so naughty?? seriously! So if I could have 'reset' today ... I would never have let them out of my sight and put off work a little longer :)

16 comments:

Maude Beckman said...

Kids do crazy things! We really don't teach them everything. They come up with some really good ideas on their own! I hope it cleaned up okay :)

me and the boys said...

Oh I so know the feeling!! It is those "quiet" times you think that all is good when it's really the most destructive! At least you are documenting this--it may come in handy someday!!

Niki said...

Gotta love kids! And I know about the "quiet" time too! I learned my lesson! If they are quiet, it is NO GOOD!

April said...

oh those little stinkers!! Quiet is never a good sign! You handled it like a pro!!

Suzy Q said...

OMGoodness...little naughties :)

Emily said...

Oh NO! Jennie!!! I'm so sorry. Those are the worst kinds of days/messes. I'm so sorry.

I actually did a baby powder mishap when I was a kid. My brother and I shook an entire bottle out into my bedroom so that it looked like smoke. Then I ran upstairs screaming "Fire!" My dad came running downstairs with a fire extinguisher while my mom called 911...we were SO busted. And I swear there was still babypowder in my room 10 years later. It got EVERYWHERE.

jEsSiCa said...

Wow! Quiet is NEVER a good thing;) Ha! So, I hope this isn't a prequel to what we get this weekend with them!! :) Lol!

Valarie said...

Wow - I went on vacation and noticed you have had a lot going on...not to mention the mess that probably took you hours to clean! Your a good mom for not freaking out. BTW - loved the mothers day post for you - that was sooo dang cute!

Ivonne Pepper said...

Wow! I'll just call ya Super Jennie from now on!lol
But they are so dang CUTE how can anyone stay mad at them! ;-)

The Hatch Batch said...

Wow....what a mess! I hate cleaning up messes. With kids around you're bound to always be cleaning up messes! At least they had fun huh?! I know, a reset button would be fabulous!!

Skeem's said...

Naughties! They are so dang cute though!! Messy, Messy where do they get these ideas I would like to know

Jacy said...

at least baby powder smells good!

Tenacious J said...

Yeah, I'm wondering what they're thinking as they're pouring out the powder ... or dumping out the bubbles. Cute things. Maybe they got what they wanted ... the BATH!!!!!

Jodie said...

Ah ha ha! I only laugh because I can't even count how many times I've been there! Oh the things they can do in a few minutes time! Way to look at the positive though.:)

Bryan and Hollee said...

hey Jennie! I found your blog I hope it's ok I added you!

Niederfam said...

So sorry, I wish I had a "reset" button MOST days!!!! Fun to catch up, as always you've been BUSY BUSY. xoxox